Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Her Smile

Right now I'm tapping away at my keyboard, repeatedly flattening the bed-hair that I had taken to lectures with me this morning and thinking of her smile. 

My room's still bare, un-decorated, the beige walls and bare pipes, the unmade bed serving as a constant reminder to myself that here is not where I want to be. I could be packed in two minutes, less even if I had to, I would pack 

The world continues to spint, nothing will change that

The smokey light drift through the windows of my bare room. My unmade bed, messy as if we had just gotten out of it and the undecorated walls 

I can't think of what I want to write here. Probably something that will make you ring me up and say 'I love you', something that can make 400 miles disappear without having to travel 38,000 feet above the sea, something that would have you waking up in my unmade bed as if it was the weekend again, just something that would make everything go away. But I can't write that. What I want to write, what I can write, is that I want you to know is that I'm thinking of you. And I can do that. I want to write something that will make you smile your smile, the one of deep happiness when you know that I love you, the one that makes the world wait around for us for a while. I want to write something that will make you stop and smile in the middle of the street for me.
I have the windows all open for you to fly in any time, and my walls are still bare, as if to say that this is not my home. Around me are scattered notes from the lectures I went to with that bed-hair after a sleepless night, but all that I can read is 'I love you, my lover' and all that I can see is that smile that makes summer jealous.
I love your pictures, I love you new hair, I love your eyes, but right now I'm missing the smile that makes everything okay, Tiger. You can do that for me, you can make everything okay just by smiling at me. Though I don't know what you're doing right now, I don't know where you are, I'm not holding your hand, but smile for me, and maybe it will make you feel better too. Just remember those shooting stars. Smile.









No comments:

Post a Comment