Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Light


Tiger writes me an email at 3am. A smile spreads across my face like the explosions of roman candles burning up the dark night. Her love races out across the black blanket, tearing up the dark. The tiny stars at once ignite and the sky is a beautiful bounty of colours, the darkness an inferno in an instant and then all gone so that the sky is filled with brilliant light. Her brilliant light. She is my brilliant light. 'Shine a light into the dark places', that's why we sing Bob Marley to each other when the sky is dark, because we are each other's lights, and the darkness is afraid of us, and everything will be alright whilst we still have each other. I will follow your light for an eternity, for it stops me dashing on the rocks.
Tiger - Our New Year 2012/2

No comments:

Post a Comment